Monday, July 16, 2012

Here is some of the progress on the 70's chopper of Galen's.  This thing is gonna be so rad.  In the beginning I hated it, but the more I build and work on it.  The more I love it..  She's gonna be a trip to ride.  Sorry if a couple of the images are a little fuzzy, a photographer I'm not.
 We decided to scratch build our own forward controls.
 We got the making of the bent and tapered leavers down pretty good.
 set up with the master in place I think they will work.
 and they add a little bit of handcrafted style
 shift side all done
 We added the same touch to the sissy bar, Some like it some don't. 
 fender and tail light section  My rendition and an omage to the "Crazy Frank Fender"
 Motor mount is finished, well almost.  I think we will sheetmetal in the center.
 top view of the oil tank mounted.  It took me a while to finish the oil tank.
 I machined and knurled a nice little billet cap
 I also machined a weld in manifold block for the oil lines.
 The swing arm is now finish welded and mounted.  I love how it turned out.
Here is a prelim mock up.  I have some more complete images but havn't got them off of my camera yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment